Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
How dental implants from your dentists in Worth can make you want to smile again
If you have stopped smiling because you are missing teeth, it’s time to smile again. If you have stopped eating the foods you love because you have lost some chewing ability, it’s time to regain your love for food. The answer to a complete smile and restored chewing ability is dental implants! Your dentists at All Smiles in Worth, IL want to introduce you to what dental implants can do for you and your smile.
When you have gaps in your smile due to missing teeth, your self-esteem and self-confidence can suffer. You could choose dental bridgework to fill the space, but dental implants are far better because:
- Dental implants look just like your natural teeth, only more beautiful!
- Dental implants will never decay and they resist staining, so they will stay beautiful throughout your lifetime.
- Dental implants are more convenient because you don’t have to use special tools or take them out. You brush and floss them just like your natural teeth.
When you have lost teeth, your chewing ability is decreased, which can cause digestive problems. You could choose a removable partial or denture to replace your teeth, but dental implants are a better choice because:
- Dental implants are completely stable because they are embedded in bone and won’t move around when you eat.
- Dental implants are permanent and never have to be relined like a denture.
- Dental implants provide a strong biting surface, just like your natural teeth.
Dental implants are also the most successful surgical implant, with a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
To find out more about dental implants, please visit the dental implants page on the All Smiles website at http://www.allsmilesworth.com/dental-implants.html
You can complete your smile with high-tech, state-of-the-art dental implants! It’s time to start smiling again by calling your dentists at All Smiles in Worth, IL. Restore your self-confidence by calling today!
Crowns offer a simple way to protect your damaged teeth from further damage. The Worth, IL, dentists at All Smiles explain how the restorations can strengthen your teeth.
What are crowns?
Whether you call them crowns or caps, these restorations help you preserve and improve your teeth. Crowns are hollow inside and cover teeth completely above the gum line. Depending on your preferences, the location of your damaged tooth and your dental insurance, you may choose porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, gold, metal alloy, ceramic or resin crown.
How do crowns strengthen teeth?
If you continue to exert pressure on your damaged tooth when you eat, the damage may eventually worsen. Exposure to biting forces can fracture a cracked tooth or cause a crack in a fragile tooth. If a fracture is severe and extends in a tooth root, it may not be possible to save your tooth. When a crown is slipped over your tooth, it absorbs biting forces and distributes the forces over the surface of the crown, reducing pressure on your tooth. Thanks to the addition of the crown, you won't have to worry about fracturing a tooth when you eat.
When are crowns recommended?
You may benefit from a crown if:
- You have a cracked tooth: Biting into very hard objects or foods, large fillings or grinding or clenching your teeth increase your risk of a crack. In addition to preventing your tooth from breaking, a crown also seals it, stopping bacteria from entering.
- Your tooth is fragile: Teeth can weaken due to large fillings or root canal therapy. Sometimes, teeth become fragile due to the natural effects of aging or a genetic disposition toward brittle teeth.
- Your tooth has already broken: Fractured teeth usually don't break cleanly. Rough edges can irritate or cut your mouth and lips. If the broken tooth is a premolar or molar, chewing may become more difficult without a crown.
- You want to cover a flaw: Worth residents also use crowns to conceal imperfections in teeth, change tooth shape and lengthen teeth that are too short.
Strengthen your teeth with dental crowns. Call All Smiles Dental in Worth, IL, at (708) 448-0333 to schedule your appointment.