Posts for tag: Invisalign
Having a big Hollywood smile can help you look and feel great. However, for many people, getting to that point takes some help from an orthodontist. Luckily, straightening your teeth no longer requires traditional metal brackets and wires. With Invisalign, you can straighten your smile discreetly, eat the foods you love, and more. Learn more about Invisalign with your dentist at All Smiles in Worth, IL.
How does Invisalign work?
Rather than using traditional metal brackets and wires, Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic and comfortable aligner trays. Patients wear each tray in the series for about two weeks. Worn one after the other until the end of treatment, the trays place pressure onto the teeth to slowly move them into their new positions. Most Invisalign treatments last about a year though the length of treatment varies from patient to patient.
Why choose Invisalign over traditional braces?
- Removable: Invisalign’s trays are completely removable. This means that, if necessary, patients may remove Invisalign for a big event like public speaking or prom. Traditional metal braces require wearers to avoid certain foods for fear of breaking or damaging the wires or brackets. Simply remove Invisalign’s trays before eating and enjoy all the foods that you love.
- Appearance: Invisalign makes the term “brace face” a thing of the past. With virtually invisible trays, you can rest assured knowing that your look doesn’t have to change with your smile.
- Easy Care: Traditional braces require the use of special threading floss and water picks to floss between and under every wire and bracket in your mouth. This time-consuming process may not fit well in your daily routine. However, Invisalign makes caring for your smile during orthodontic treatment easy. Simply remove Invisalign trays before brushing and flossing to keep your teeth healthy during treatment.
- Know Your Results: Before beginning treatment, Invisalign’s laboratory sends your Worth dentist a video containing the route on which your teeth move during treatment. The video involves your final results. Traditional metal braces keep your end result a surprise.
Dentists recommend Invisalign for teens over the age of 12 and adults with a strong at-home oral care routine and a commitment to wearing their trays for at least 22 hours a day. For more information on Invisalign, please contact your dentist at All Smiles in Worth, IL. Call (708) 448-0333 to schedule your consultation for Invisalign today!
Invisalign Trematment in Worth, IL
Are you considering visiting All Smiles in Worth, IL for Invisalign? Invisalign is a fantastic tooth straightening method that many Worth, IL residents are using with great success. Here are four things you need to consider when determining if Invisalign is right for you.
1. When Do You Want a Beautiful Smile?
Both traditional metal braces and Invisalign will give you an amazing smile - the difference is how long it will take until you can reap the benefits. With traditional metal braces, you have to suffer through a mouth full of metal while you wait. Invisalign aligners from All Smiles in Worth, IL are practically invisible, however, so you don't have to make your smile look worse before it looks better.
2. How Crooked Are Your Teeth?
For extremely crooked teeth, you may want to choose metal braces, which have been shown to be slightly more effective. If your teeth are only a little crooked, however, Invisalign is a great option to get them in line.
3. Are You Committed to Wearing Your Aligners?
In order for your Invisalign aligners to work, you have to commit to wearing them approximately 18 to 22 hours a day. Are you sure you can keep this up? Forget to wear your aligners or cheat on your time and your teeth can start moving back into their original positions fairly quickly. If there's a chance you might not wear them enough, traditional metal braces may be the best way to go.
4. Can You Keep Track of Your Aligners?
Furthermore, are you the forgetful or responsible type? If you are constantly losing things, you may want to opt for traditional metal braces, which can't be lost since you never take them out of your mouth.
While many All Smiles patients choose and love Invisalign, whether traditional metal braces or Invisalign aligners are right for you is a question only you and your dentist can answer. Call All Smiles in Worth, IL and set up an appointment for an Invisalign consultation today!
For adults with a reasonably well fitting bite, but mild to moderate crowding or spaces between your teeth, clear orthodontic aligners can be an ideal solution for straightening your teeth. This is why we offer this treatment option to our patients experiencing these issues. However, for those of you who are unfamiliar with what they are or how they work, this will give you a brief understanding.
Clear orthodontic aligners consist of a series of clear “trays” that fit snuggly over all teeth to slowly shift them into alignment. Patients are typically required to wear them 20 hours per day for about 2 weeks before progressing to the next tray. With each new tray, you are one step closer to achieving your goal of perfectly aligned teeth. The entire process usually lasts 6-18 months depending on how much movement is required to achieve the goals.
Each aligner is individually made from very precise molds of the patient's teeth to ensure proper fit. And we map out the entire alignment process using computer generation from each patient's initial molds so that we can identify the number of trays required. But best of all, clear orthodontic aligners are perfectly smooth with no rough edges like traditional braces, and you can remove them for eating, brushing, and flossing teeth as well as for brief social events.
- Brush after every meal to get rid of any lingering food particles that may be trapped. Be thorough and really take your time brushing.
- Always carry a toothbrush with you wherever you go. Whether you are eating lunch at the school cafeteria or snacking on the go, you will want to have a toothbrush handy to ensure that you brush right after.
- Purchase an interdental brush, which will make it significantly easier to clean the brackets and wires. Use this in conjunction with regular dental floss to get in between teeth and hard-to-reach spots.
- Use a fluoride mouthwash every night to protect your tooth’s enamel from decay. This will also prevent stains from forming under your braces.
- You will want to visit your orthodontist regularly to make sure that your teeth and gums are healthy and that you are doing a thorough job cleaning them. Plus, your orthodontist can also give you a professional cleaning that will be sure to remove anything that you may have missed. When you come in to get your lingual braces, we will let you know how often you should be coming back for routine checkups.