Scheduling an Orthodontic Consultation
How an orthodontic consultation from your dentist in Worth, IL, can help your smile
If nature didn’t give you straight teeth, orthodontic treatment can help. Orthodontic treatment is a great way to improve your chewing ability and the beauty of your smile. It all starts with scheduling an orthodontic consultation.
The dentists at All Smiles in Worth, IL, offer comprehensive dental care, including orthodontic consultations, to get you on your way to a straight smile.
You might need an orthodontic consultation if you have:
- An overbite or underbite
- A crossbite or open bite
- Crowded or rotated teeth
- Gaps between your teeth
Orthodontics is a specialized branch of dentistry that focuses on correcting jaw and teeth alignment. Facial structures including your jaws all grow at different rates, and tooth eruption times can vary, leading to problems like crowding, underbite, overbite, and other issues. These can all be corrected with orthodontic treatment.
When you go in for an orthodontic consultation, your dentist will do:
- A full dental examination, including making notes of crowding, jaw alignment, and other important issues
- Imaging studies including x-rays, a panorex, and others
An orthodontic consultation can benefit people of all ages. Children can have an orthodontic consultation as early as 7 years old because the first permanent molars have erupted.
Once the orthodontic consultation is complete, your orthodontist will discuss the different options of treatment. These options include:
- Invisalign, which uses clear plastic trays called aligners
- Metal brackets and wires, which are the conventional method of orthodontic treatment
- Tooth-colored or clear brackets and wires, which offer a more natural look
- Lingual braces, which are placed on the back surfaces of your teeth
Orthodontic treatment can give you a great-looking, fully-functioning smile, and it all begins with scheduling an orthodontic consultation. To schedule an orthodontic consultation, call the dentists of All Smiles in Worth, IL, at (708) 448-0333.