Don't Ignore These Signs of Periodontal Disease
When the gums become infected, periodontal disease can develop eventually causing tooth loss if not treated promptly. See a dentist right away if you develop signs of periodontal disease, such as receding gums or gums that bleed easily when brushing. The experienced dentists at All Smiles in Worth can develop a treatment plan for restoring the health of your gums and preventing tooth loss.
Signs of Periodontal Disease
Also referred to as gum disease, periodontal disease is caused by a bacterial infection, which is often the result of plaque and tartar buildup on the teeth. Treating periodontal disease right away is essential to stop the infection from spreading to other areas. As the disease progresses, the bone that supports the teeth can become infected and eventually result in tooth loss. Some signs that you might have periodontal disease include:
- Loose teeth
- Receding gums
- Sensitive gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Swollen, tender, or red gums
- A periodontal abscess
- Persistent bad breath
See a dentist at our office in Worth, IL, as soon as possible if you have any of these signs of periodontal disease.
Seeking treatment for periodontal disease as soon as you develop any of the symptoms associated with it can ultimately prevent tooth loss by stopping the infection before it spreads to the bone. Additionally, treatments are available for restoring gum health and repairing lost or damaged gum tissue. Some of the periodontal treatments available at our dental office in Worth include:
- Gum Grafting: A method for replacing damaged or lost gum tissue by grafting healthy tissue from another area of the mouth.
- Scaling and Root Planing: A method for deep-cleaning plaque and tartar buildup below the gum line.
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery: A method for reshaping damaged gum tissue to achieve a more pleasing appearance.
- Periodontal Laser Treatment: A method that involves the use of laser technology for removing infected gum tissue with minimal shrinkage of the gum tissue.
Concerned? Give Us a Call
Don’t ignore the signs of periodontal disease. Seeking treatment right away can stop the infection from spreading and help prevent tooth loss. To schedule an appointment with one of the skilled dentists at our office in Worth, call All Smiles at (708) 448-0333. We also serve Palos Heights, Palos Park, Oak Lawn and Chicago Ridge, IL.