You're faced with a decision: replace a missing tooth with a dental implant or another tooth replacement. What should you do? At All Smiles in Worth, IL, your team of four dentists places state of the art dental implants in patients desiring the best smiles possible. Learn the benefits of implants (versus other replacement options) here.
The dental implant
The American Dental Association (ADA) reports that dentists in the United States place more than five million dental implants every year. Why is this number so high? One reason is that tooth loss is prevalent. The other is that dental implants provide the best long-term solution to that oral health problem.
What is a dental implant? It's a titanium screw or cylinder placed directly into the jaw. As the surgical site heals, the bone and implant bond together. Dentists call this osseointegration, and it firmly anchors the implant, making it a true artificial root. After some weeks to months, the implant receives a metal post and crown. In the case of multiple implants, the patient receives a bridge or denture, solving his or her more extensive tooth loss problem.
Better than anything else
Here's why your dentist at All Smiles in Worth, IL, recommends dental implants for many patients:
- Dental implants improve jaw size, shape and strength as they integrate with the bone. Other prosthetics, such as a conventional partial denture, just rest on top of the gums and do not exercise the jaw.
- Dental implants optimize biting and chewing, restoring efficient oral function.
- Implant-supported dentures are very stable and do not slip or shift position as you use them. Conventional dentures require re-fitting and often, application of adhesives.
- Dental implants normalize speech.
- Dental implants closely resemble real teeth as they are crafted according to your dentition and your dentist's instructions. No other tooth replacement looks so lifelike.
- Implants are easy to care for. As they remain in your mouth, there's no need for denture soaks or pastes.
- Dental implants require no modification of adjacent teeth. With conventional bridgework, your dentist must prepare the size and shape of natural teeth and attach crowns to anchor the prosthetic.
Ready for a great smile?
You'll be amazed at the many benefits dental implants offer. Call your dentist at All Smiles in Worth, IL, for a friendly consultation. We also serve Palos Heights, Palos Park, Oak Lawn and Chicago Ridge, IL. Phone (708) 448-0333.